Sunday, February 4, 2007

Road Signs

The ice was forming on the windshield so quickly the wipers couldn't keep up. Before I got smart enough to turn on the defroster, I squinted through the glass, trying to see the signs ahead.

But this was the route I traveled home everyday. Did I need the street signs and exits to show me the way? What if we didn't have traffic signals and highway signs? I would get even more lost than I do already. I thank God quite often for understandable roadway directions.

Fortunately, on this eternal journey we're traveling, God posts road signs and exit signs in many ways for us. There's the Bible, the sermons, the studies, the radio program, the Christian friends and more.

But sometimes our vision gets clouded by temptation or sin. Or just busy-ness.

The good news is we have a quick-working defroster in our Lord. You just have to ask for help, and He's right there to help you know where to turn next.

No comments: