Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Books

You may notice off to the left a feature called, "Books I've Read This Year." One of the great perks of being a Talk Show Host is that publicists and authors send you BRAND NEW books for free! It's heaven for bookworms like me.

I used to have a goal of reading a book a month. That's not ambitious when you hear that Oprah reads one a day! But last year, we'd sometimes have four authors as guests during one two-hour program. Phew, Scott and I learned quickly that we just couldn't keep up with the reading with that many authors. So sometimes I just read parts of books--enough to be able to ask intelligent questions.

But I want to promise you that on the list to the left, I'm only going to put books that I read all the way through and ones that I recommend. If you have a question about any of them, please ask!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Hi,

You might be interested in the new book by Fort Worth author Tom Sutcliff called Why Evolution is a Fraud. It's essential that we stand for truth, be it Christ's atonement on the cross for our sins and His resurrection or fighting back the ever-growing anti-Christian attacks from the secular atheists. This book is easy to read, non-technical and, at times, surprisingly funny. See http://www.evofraud.com