Thursday, May 10, 2007

In the Scheme of Things

Whoever said, "When it rains, it pours" must have lived in Texas in the springtime. Or Oklahoma or Kansas...

Spring storms have tested a lot of us recently. A young man reminded me today that God promised He would never destroy the Earth again by flood.

I said, "Maybe He was just joking." Then I started to get a lecture about God.

"Just KIDDING," I interrupted, to stop him. Who needs a lecture when her house is flooded?

This is my third house flooding as an adult, living on my own. In the scheme of things, this one was not so bad. But that it came while the dog was recovering from surgery and two days before the computer crashed made me think I am under attack from the Evil One.

I was discouraged for a few days, but then realized as long as I am down and out, Satan wins! Don't you suppose the enemy wants us downtrodden, so we won't share the love and joy of Jesus with others?

Of course, I will have more compassion for others who run into a spate of troubles. But I'm not going to let a few obstacles get in my way!

No comments: