Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What Message are You Sending?

My friend Scott just called to tell me about a bumper sticker in front of him. It said, "Too God be the Glory."

Scott knew I would get a kick out of it since I teach business writing, and I'm always encouraging people to brush up their grammar, spelling and punctuation. (You're free to let me know when I have a typo!)

But Scott, my radio co-host, always has a deep spiritual outlook. Regarding the misuse of "Too," he asked, "Can God be glorified when we have a glaring mistake?"

What do you think?

I think we probably have so many faults that God overlooks, that when we're trying to glorify Him, an extra "o" doesn't matter.

1 comment:

Craig Harris said...

Ooh, tough one. Of course God forgives and no one is perfect, but it makes us look like country bumpkins when we put a grammatically challenged statement on our vehicle. I fear it says, "Hey, Christians are dumb (and therefore so is our faith)."