Saturday, August 30, 2008

What a Way to Start the Day

My friend Gloria's sweet husband had been sick for months. He died earlier this year. They had been married many years and had shared many happinesses and a few sadnesses. But they loved and served the Lord together and loved each other so much.

Last week, I got a message from Gloria:

"I decided that LIFE is for the living, and we start making choices every morning as soon as we open our eyes; do I get up or spend the day in bed? Do I smile or whine? Am I sad or happy? I AM SO BLESSED, how could I not thank God? So I do thank Him, over and over and over again."

If anyone had an excuse to spend the day in bed, whine and be sad, it would be Gloria. But no, she's made different choices and what an example she is to all of us.

No comments: