Friday, September 4, 2009

Difficult People

Phewee, have I had my share of difficult people to deal with the last couple of weeks. As tactful but honest, compromising but principled as I tried to be, I still didn't persuade, and in one case, even got cursed at!

I thought about throwing up a prayer, "Dear Lord, if you would take these difficult personalities out of my life, I could do so much more for your kingdom." But then I remembered Jesus had his share of difficult people to deal with. And he had much more tact and many more persuasive skills than I. But he still got yelled at, beaten up, cursed at and even murdered.

It's my suspicion that we will all have difficult people in our lives until we die. Let's just hope we all become easier to get along with when we reach heaven.

No comments: