Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chase Me!

Our puppy loves to play chase. She even sort of gets, "Tag! You're it!" When I tell her that and run the opposite direction, she catches me and nose bumps me. It seems I always tire out before she does.

We have a special child in our lives--Ben--the son of our dear friends Brooke and Laura. When Ben was about two, we had the treat of living in the same town. We would go over to their house, and for hours, Ben wanted us to chase him around the den, living room and kitchen in a big circle. "Chase me, Unca Mark, chase me!" he would squeal. It seems Mark and I would always tire out before Ben did.

I'm not sure why some of us like being chased, but maybe it's because we become the center of attention, the focus of the chaser.

The good news is that Jesus is chasing you! You are the center of His attention. He wants to catch you and shower you with blessings and love. In this case, the chaser will never tire out before the chasee. But don't run from Him; run to Him. It will be the best game of your life.

No comments: