Monday, August 6, 2007

Text Messaging

Just today, motoring on the Interstate, my husband and I saw not one, but two, drivers text messaging WHILE they were steering their vehicles!

Text messaging had already been on my mind, because I happened to see blogs written by young people using lots of IM (instant messaging) acronymns. One that annoys me and probably bugs lots of Christians is "OMG." I hope they're meaning "Oh My Gosh," but the skeptical side of me guesses that they're using the Lord's name in vain.

So I have a solution! Let's start a new acronym: TYG. That's right, "Thank You, God!" It's a good one since we all have so much to be thankful for.

It's even easy to type on the keyboard--all three letters form a tiny triangle right next to each other. So if a driver must multi-task, he or she could say TYG for not crashing!

1 comment:

J.M. Waters said...

TYG it is! I love it and though I steer clear of text messaging as much as possible, I'm going to start using it at the end of every one I do send. Keep it up Lorri...you are making Our Lord smile.