Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Asking for Help

My friend Peggy Collins has a great new book out. It's titled Help is NOT a Four-Letter Word. In it, Peggy defines self-sufficiency taken to the extreme. She wants to change the culture so that we're not afraid to ask for help. Can you imagine what that would look like? We value independence today more than we value community. We admire people who do it all by themselves and get embarrassed by people who need the help of nursing homes. Peggy explains that self-sufficients become control freaks, stressed out over having to do it all, thus damaging relationships and hurting their health.

Asking for help is biblical. Ask and it shall be given... etc. But it is also biblical to help others. How can we help others if they won't let us? So here goes... let me know how I can help you!

Here's how you can help me. Now that I'm self-employed, hire me to speak at your church or train at your company. Help keep the "Mornings" radio ministry alive by donating at the website. Help me with your prayers.

And if you know someone having trouble asking for help, help them out by giving them a copy of Peggy's book!

No comments: