Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Music to Encourage You

Dennis Jernigan recently released his first CD in five years, and it was worth the wait. I have fallen in love with every song. And I confess, I'm a relatively new convert to contemporary Christian music. While I always enjoyed singing hymns and praise songs in church, I think subconsciously I felt, "That's for Sundays." I mean, I was brought up listening to the British Invasion and thought "Rock and Roll Forever" was second only to "Hallowed Be Thy Name."

So what a blessing it has been to discover music that sounds good and uplifts you with its lyrics.

Back to Dennis... Working at FamilyNet Television, I got to meet him one day in the makeup room. He was so nice. To me, three kids is a big family, and Dennis and his wife have nine children! But that's just part of his amazing testimony. When you get a chance, go to his website, read about his life, and buy the new CD, titled, I Cry Holy. You will be blessed.

Oh and you can also hear an interview we conducted with him on FamilyNet Radio by clicking here.

No comments: