Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reach Out and Touch Someone

Blogs are cool and so are the social networking sites. My husband and I are having fun with Facebook. In our hectic world, it's a bit of a mental vacation to see a note that someone from your past wants to be your "friend." You can post information about your faith and connect with people from your high school!

Last week, we were in Texas fixing up our house to put it back on the market. And I walked into our old Post Office. Joe, a postal worker I'd made friends with on my many trips to the PO, got a big smile on his face, slapped a "Next Window Please" sign in front of his register and came to give me a big hug. That made me feel good, to have someone so happy to see me.

So whether it's connecting with an old friend on a website or in person, reach out. It's a foretaste of Heaven.

And if you're on Facebook, I'd love to be your friend!

No comments: