Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

Some folks really get on their soapbox about the appropriate time to decorate for Christmas or the date to send greetings. I think this is humorous since we can celebrate Jesus' birth all year long!

Admittedly, I'm a sucker for Christmas hymns, carols, songs. We interviewed a gospel recording artist on our morning talk show this week. His name is Travis Cottrell, and his new Christmas CD is Ring the Bells. Sometimes when there are extra give-aways, we hosts get to keep a copy for ourselves, and I'm so thankful that I got to keep this CD. It's great! I normally try to wait until after Thanksgiving to play Christmas CD's around the house, but I've been listening to Ring the Bells all day, and it has kept a smile on a my face. My favorites are the title song and his rendition of "O Holy Night." It's heart-soaring.

So if the economy has you worried, put on a Christmas CD. And think about that little baby in a manger. He came to Earth so you wouldn't have to panic about anything... at any time.

No comments: