Friday, June 8, 2007

God Sends a Surprise

I am in tears as I write this--happy tears, because God's showed his goodness and love in a sneaky way today.

In the mailbox was a letter from a friend. A special friend whom I love, but have only seen in person three brief times, and one of those times, I was speaking and he was in the audience! But this gentleman is a person of immense faith, a speaker, and he displays a terrific sense of humor. So it would be hard for anyone not to like him.

Back to the story--out of the blue, he sent me a check for $92.00. Like the gift of God's grace, I did nothing to deserve this, but am happy to have it! (If you know about the den, the dog and the computer, you know cash has been flowing the wrong way around the Allen household this month). But the check could have been for two dollars, and I would feel just as special. God knew a surprise like that would really cheer me up!

Curiosity hit me, though--why a strange number like "92"? Maybe my friend will let me in on his thoughts later. His note just said that the gift was from God. When I looked up Psalm 9:2, a big smile emerged on my face and in my heart.

“I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High."

God is good... and sneaky.

No comments: